Clinical Data Manager
Clinical Data Manager (in an office setting) – entry level; mainly for HIV clinical trials networks; to work with data management teams, biostatisticians, programmers, and clinical research site or laboratory personnel; multiple positions available in the clinical data management.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Review and validation of clinical trial data (e.g. participant history, treatment, Adverse Events, follow-up, etc.) or clinical trial laboratory data (e.g. laboratory test results, specimen inventory)
- Discrepancy checking and querying
- Development, review and understanding of data management documentation (protocols, manuals, case report forms, SOPs, data transfer agreements, etc.)
- Production of data quality control reports
- Support of site or laboratory personnel via email, phone or trainings
- Testing and validation of software and data collection instruments.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a related field
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships with external collaborators
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite and excellent overall technical skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, positive and professional demeanor
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, work independently, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, perform job duties with minimal guidance, and meet deadlines
- On-the-job learning.
Highly desirable but not required:
- Familiarity with medical concepts and terminology
- Prior Clinical Trials management experience
- Knowledge of database management systems
- Experience with clinical trials conducted by pharmaceutical company
- Experience in biology, laboratory science, or other health related discipline.
This position is located in our Amherst, NY office and cannot be done remotely.
Email resume/cover letter to email@example.com and include DM20190207 in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.