Data Manager I
Location: Amherst, NY
Frontier Science is looking for a Clinical Trial Data Manager to join the team for our PHACS project.
Clinical Trials Data Manager for a non-profit pediatric HIV/AIDs research network, to work with data management and study teams, biostatisticians, programmers, clinical research site investigators and personnel, medical personnel, and clinical trial sponsors.
Primary areas of responsibilities:
- Review, reconcile and validate clinical trial data and laboratory data (e.g., participant history, medications, diagnoses, follow-up, laboratory test results, specimen inventory), including discrepancy checking and querying
- Review query reports and work with study sites to resolve queries according to plan
- Produce data quality control reports
- Testing and validation of software and data collection instruments
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g., programming, documentation/education, data management) to facilitate and integrate data management processes
- Understand database table structure and data loading; participate in database table creation
- Assist with the development, review, and acknowledge understanding of data management documentation (e.g., clinical trial protocols, SOPs, instruction manuals)
- Design and review electronic case report forms
- Develop specifications for quality control, metrics, and site performance reports
- Support site or laboratory personnel via email and phone
- Provide training and instruction to sites
- Train and mentor internal staff and interns as needed
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a science or medical field
- Familiarity with medical concepts and terminology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, which includes the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, build effective relationships with site staff, and interact with colleagues
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, positive, and professional demeanor
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, multi-task in a busy working environment, adapt to changing priorities, perform job duties with minimal guidance, and meet deadlines
- On-the-job learning required
Highly desirable but not required:
- Experience with clinical trial management systems (Ex: REDCap, Medidata Rave, OpenClinica)
- Knowledge of clinical trial guidelines and regulations
- Documentation experience (e.g., procedure/instruction development)
- Experience in biology, public health, or other health-related discipline
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center. A cover letter must be submitted to be considered for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.