Data Manager II
Location: Amherst, NY
The Data Manager II - Level 1 is responsible for providing data management support for clinical trials and related research projects. A cover letter must be submitted to be considered for this position.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Assists the data manager for assigned studies
- Provides input during protocol development (concentrating on the sections of the document that detail when and how data will be collected and recorded)
- Participates in study set up activities which includes designing data collection instruments, setting up associated data submission schedules and other programs and reports as needed
- Performs routine quality control and evaluation of clinical data
- Writes data queries and track resolution of queries in the database
- Involved in defining data integrity checks
- Routinely reviews report output and communicates with study team members
- Involved in the review of data management policies and procedures
- Participates in conference calls and meetings as needed
- Other duties as needed.
Reports to: Chief Data Manager or Project PI
Controls over position:
The Data Manager II - Level 1 is generally assigned to studies by the Chief Data Manager or Project PI. New work will typically be based on the needs of each study. Other general data management duties will also be assigned by the Chief Data Manager or Project PI.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Knowledge of database concepts, design and formats
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree
- 0-1 years relevant, prior work experience.
Experience working in clinical trials or related experience is strongly preferred.
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.