Data Manager III – Level 1
Frontier Science is looking for a Data Manager III to join their data management team. As a Data Manager III - Level 1 with Frontier Science, this role is responsible for leading data management projects and providing data management services for assigned studies.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Assigned as the data manager for one or more studies;
- Provides input during protocol development (concentrating on the sections of the document that detail when and how data will be collected and recorded);
- Leads study set up activities, which includes designing data collection instruments, setting up associated data submission schedules and other programs and reports as needed;
- Performs routine quality control and evaluation of clinical data;
- Involved in defining data integrity checks;
- Writes data queries and tracks resolution of queries in the database;
- Assists clinic/study team staff with questions regarding completing forms, responding to data queries, and understanding data reports;
- Works closely with Study Statistician(s) and Protocol Chair(s) to prepare database for analysis;
- Routinely reviews report output and explains to study team members;
- Actively participates in review of data management documentation to ensure policies and procedures accurately reflect the work process and are feasible for staff to be compliant;
- Assists in identifying and correcting gaps in documentation; trains and mentors new employees, and provides assistance when needed to organize, prioritize, and schedule training and work assignments;
- Participates in and/or leads conference calls and meetings as needed or as designated by the Chief Data Manager or Project PI;
- Involved in the development, review and implementation of data management policies and procedures;
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems as they arise;
- Leads data management projects as designated by the Chief Data Manager or Project PI;
- Assists with oversight and management of data manager activities and responsibilities as designated by the Chief Data Manager or Project PI;
- Additional duties as required.
- Must have in-depth understanding of clinical data management
- Must have advanced computer and technical skills (e.g. Microsoft Query, SQL, JReview, and/or other programs)
- Must be able to perform day-to-day work with minimal or no oversight
- Must be able to perform moderately complex tasks with limited oversight
- Must take lead role in training and mentoring of new staff
- Must actively contribute to the content of departmental policies, resources, and documents
- May assist with oversight of select staff activities
- May independently lead projects or working groups
- May perform highly technical, specialized, or high-risk tasks
- May actively participate and represent the DMC on external committees.
Reports to: Chief Data Manager or Project PI
Controls over position:
The Data Manager III is generally assigned to studies by the Chief Data Manager or Project PI. New work will typically be based on the needs of each study. Other general data management duties will also be assigned by the Chief Data Manager or Project PI.
- Advanced skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Advanced knowledge of database concepts, design and formats
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to develop and deliver both oral and written presentations
- Ability to communicate and interact competently and professionally at all levels within a complex clinical research environment
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree.
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.