Database Operations Specialist
Frontier Science Foundation is seeking an individual with strong database, logic, and data processing skills to join its Database Operations Group. The context of this work is large medical research studies and will require a strong knowledge of ETL, SQL and Excel.
Location: This position will be based out of our Amherst, NY office, but consideration will be made for a full time remote employee.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Processing electronic data files through a commercial ETL software package
- Implementation of data checks for medical data
- Perform various QA and monitoring functions
- Maintenance of a relational database system and database objects.
Reports to: Database Administrator
Controls over position:
Work will be assigned as directed and overseen by the Database Operations Manager, as well as the Deputy Database Administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Data Science
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with computer programming and or scripting languages
- Familiarity with the command-line Unix or Linux environment
- High-level proficiency in MS Excel
- A basic understanding of complex relational databases
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.