Database Operations Specialist
Location: Amherst, NY
Frontier Science Foundation is seeking an individual with strong database, logic, and data processing skills to join its Database Operations Group. The context of this work is large medical research studies.
- Processing electronic data files through a commercial ETL software package
- Implementation of data checks for medical data
- Perform various QA/monitoring functions
- Maintenance of a relational database system and database objects
- Willingness to work extra/off hours as necessary
Education: A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field. Professional experience preferred.
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with computer programming and or scripting languages
- Familiarity with the command-line Unix environment
- High-level proficiency in MS Excel
- A basic understanding of complex relational databases
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Experience with an ETL package
This position will be based out of our Amherst, NY office, but consideration will be made for a full time remote candidate.
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.