Documentation Specialist / Technical Writer
Location: Amherst, NY
Frontier Science Foundation, in Amherst, NY, is seeking a quality focused individual with excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills to join an experienced and knowledgeable technical writing team. Frontier Science provides innovative data management and analysis for clinical trials in a variety of disease settings, and we work with clients around the world. Many significant advancements in the treatment of AIDS and cancer have resulted from studies in which Frontier Science has played a major role.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to perform business writing tasks using proper English grammar
- Confidence to facilitate discussion among colleagues and gather information for the development of new documentation
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite – especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and excellent overall technical skills
- Bachelor's degree
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Create and revise documentation related to company policies and procedures, internal workflow reference guides, and software user manuals for external collaborators
- Prepare meeting agendas, record committee meeting minutes, and manage various task lists
- Create training materials for external collaborators in healthcare centers globally
- Background in structured editing (e.g. Adobe FrameMaker, DITA XML, DocBook)
- Experience with graphic design tools (e.g. Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Familiarity with eLearning authoring tools or instructional design
Reasons to apply:
- Become an expert in Technical Writing, eLearning, and Content Management Systems
- Possible opportunities for domestic and/or international travel
- Terrific opportunity for anyone interested in new technologies and computer systems
- Interest in learning about medical research and clinical trials
- Great opportunity for an entry level candidate into the workforce, a re-entry candidate, or an experienced worker with the right skill set
The starting salary for this position is $38,500. We offer an excellent package of benefits. Submit resumes to email@example.com and include TW20190712 in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.