Location: This position will be assigned to the Amherst, NY office but consideration will be made for a full time remote employee.
The ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) Specialist at Frontier Science is responsible for overseeing aspects of the ETL lifecycle from the development and design, to the validation, testing and implementation of ETL workflows to support our projects. This role ensures the data housed within our company databases and in our external data deliverables has gone through the necessary quality processes, and will be responsible for loading this data into our company databases and/or contributing to the creation of key external data deliverables.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Process electronic data files through a commercial ETL software package
- Oversee all aspects of the ETL lifecycle including the design, development, validation, testing, and implementation of individual ETL workflows
- Incorporate data checks of the medical data within the ETL workflows and confirm ETL workflows ran accurately and successfully to properly load data into the company database and/or produce quality and accurate data deliverables
- Translate data access and transformations into functional requirements
The responsibilities listed above are not a comprehensive list, and the employee may be asked to perform other professional tasks with reasonable consideration as necessitated by business demands.
Reports to: CDISC Coordinator
Controls over position: The ETL Specialist will be assigned work by the CDISC Coordinator, and as needed by other Frontier Science Leadership members in accordance with project needs and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum one year experience utilizing an ETL package
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with SQL
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of Unix
- Prior experience working with large database sets, and an understanding of relational databases
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple files at once
- Prior experience with Pentaho
- Prior exposure to CDISC and SDTM deliverables
Travel:This position will be based out of the Amherst, New York office. Even if full time remote, the employee may be asked to report to the Amherst office as needed. In addition, the employee may be requested to travel to the organization's other office locations based in Boston, Massachusetts and Madison, Wisconsin.
Physical Conditions:This is a stationary position that will require the employee to operate office equipment including a computer, fax machine, and printer.
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.