Human Resources Generalist
Location: Amherst, NY
The Human Resources Generalist with Frontier Science will assist in the administration of HR policies and procedures. As part of this, the HR Generalist will collect and maintain HR related data for compensation, benefits, as well as recruitment. The HR Generalist for Frontier Science will be responsible for day-to-day HR functions including but not limited to assisting with hiring and interviewing, employee onboarding orientation, leave administration, and enforcing organization HR related policies and procedures.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Assists with the interviewing and recruitment of candidates for open positions, including maintaining all necessary documentation related to the applicant tracking process
- Conducts new hire orientation and coordinates all onboarding paperwork for new employees
- Performs routine tasks required to administer human resources programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, leave, disciplinary matters, performance management, as well as completing required employment investigations
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommends best practices to organization leadership
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, and regulatory changes in human resources
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of corporate HR policies and procedures.
The responsibilities listed above are not a comprehensive list, and the employee may be asked to perform other professional tasks with reasonable consideration as necessitated by business demands.
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Controls over position:
The HR Generalist will be assigned projects by the COO, as well as other organization leadership members and executives, for HR related matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- At least 2 years of direct Human Resources experience
- Understanding of federal and state leave programs
- Prior experience in hiring, interviewing, and onboarding new employees
- Knowledge of employment level laws and regulations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in documenting corporate Human Resources policies and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Professional certification in the field of Human Resources
- Proficient with ADP Workforce Now
Travel: This position will be based out of the Amherst, New York office. This role may on occasion be asked to travel to the organization’s other office locations in Boston, Massachusetts and Madison, Wisconsin.
A cover letter must be submitted to be considered for this position. Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.