Location: Amherst, NY
Frontier Science is looking to hire an HR Specialist to assist our HR Coordinator.
Description: The HR Specialist performs activities in the human resources area which include recruitment, screening, interviewing, placement, compensation and benefits, health and safety, employee relations, and training and development. The HR Specialist implements the Frontier Science human resources policies and procedures and is responsible for record keeping and maintenance of the procedural documentation for all human resources related activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates recruitment efforts, posts job advertisements, screens and tracks resumes, and participates in the interview process, updates the applicant tracking system as necessary
- Informs applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, and working conditions
- Hires employees and processes new hire paperwork
- Prepares and maintains employment records related to events such as hiring, leaves, transfers, promotions, and termination, and explains human resources policies, procedures, and regulations
- Interprets and explains human resources policies, procedures, and regulations
- Evaluates personnel practices to ensure adherence to regulations, and manages employee relations issues
- Other human resources related duties assigned by the COO and/or HR Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Controls over position: Work is assigned based on day-to-day organizational needs
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or in a related field and at least two years of practical experience performing human resources related duties; certification from a professional human resources association such as the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is a plus
- Knowledge of federal contractor compliance requirements is a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly in both writing and speaking to others, to convey information effectively
- Strong interpersonal and active listening skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of federal (including OFCCP) and state labor laws to ensure compliance
- Ability to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Ability to work with hiring managers and administrative personnel to meet the human resources needs of the organization
Submit resume to email@example.com and include HRSpec201912 in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.