Laboratory Data Manager (LDM)
Location: Amherst, NY
Frontier Science is searching for a full time Laboratory Data Manager to join our team based in Amherst, NY.
The LDM provides data management for laboratory data on assigned studies & projects. The LDM assists with requirement design and testing for laboratory software.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Manages laboratory data for several clinical trial networks & projects
- Assists the Protocol Data Manager (PDM) to develop specimen tracking forms and assay results forms in Medidata Rave
- Manages external data transfers from laboratories, works with laboratories on data format and transmission details, screens submitted data files, defines database table properties, determines data processing and loading specifications, and assists database specialist to validate data transformations and verify data loads
- Assists in the development of study data management and QC plans
- Identifies programs, sets up reports, or works with programmers to design reports for tracking completeness of stored specimens and assay results; identifies and sends queries for missing lab data, missing specimens, or other discrepant data issues
- Coordinates specimen shipping requests
- Coordinates data requests for research laboratory data items
- Tests laboratory software to ensure bugs are fixed and features work properly
- Configures laboratory software during study start up
- Communicates the status of laboratory data and specimen inventory to the team
- Stores essential documents in the Trial Master File (TMF) to meet project requirements
- Performs other duties as needed, as assigned by management
Reports to:Laboratory Data Division Chief
Controls over position:
The LDM is assigned studies and projects by the Laboratory Data Division Chief and by the Lead LDMs. The LDM will perform laboratory data management duties as defined in Frontier Science SOPs, network or project SOPs, or as requested by their study teams.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in biology, laboratory science, or other health related discipline
- 0-1 years relevant, prior work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships with external laboratory staff and colleagues
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel, and excellent overall technical skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, positive and professional demeanor
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, work independently, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, perform job duties with minimal guidance, and meet deadlines
Highly desirable but not required:
- Prior clinical trials experience
- Knowledge of database management systems
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.