Research & Development Associate
Since founded in 1975, Frontier Science has been providing accurate and cost-effective data management, statistical and other support services to research networks, pharmaceutical companies and investigators in clinical trials. Staying true to our mission of being on the forefront to conduct scientifically meaningful high-quality clinical trials, Frontier Science is looking to expand their R&D team, and are seeking a motivated self-starter with a STEM background to assist with research and development initiatives for the medical clinical trials industry.
Description: The R&D Associate with Frontier Science assists the Director of Research & Development to fulfill project goals and time commitments. This role is responsible for working on research initiatives, helping evaluate technologies, assisting in implementing information systems and workflows, and documenting new procedures for Frontier Science Foundation. The R&D Associate is a supportive role and will also be charged with helping research industry trends and informing the R&D Director of their findings.
Location: This position will be assigned to the Amherst, NY office, but consideration will be made for a full-time remote candidate.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Support research and evaluation of emerging technologies for the industry as well as technologies already used by Frontier Science in order to help improve efficiencies and effectiveness of Frontier Science operations
- Assist in organizing, onboarding, and implementing new projects and technologies
- Help develop feasibility studies, proofs-of-concept, and prototypes
- Work with cross-functional teams to establish new or updated workflows and accompanying documentation
- Clear communication of progress, changes in scope, and impediments to supervisor and team members
- Under the guidance of the Director of Research and Development, conduct new technology and product research
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Research & Development
Controls over position:
This role will work closely alongside other members of the R&D team, as well as with the Business Development Group.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, mathematics, technology, or related field
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite software packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful, positive, and professional demeanor
- Excellent attention to detail
- Aptitude for build effective relationships and work with external and internal clients
- The ability to work well with staff from all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task, change priorities, and adapt to overcome challenges throughout the course of a project
- Perform job duties with minimal guidance while meeting deadlines as assigned.
- Prior experience with data management and/or clinical research experience.
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.