Full Stack Software Engineer
Do you enjoy programming? Are you interested in joining a team dedicated towards advancement in clinical trial research with public health? Frontier Science is looking for a Software Engineer to join their growing team to assist in the creation of software for the medical clinical trials industry.
At Frontier Science, we value collaboration and innovation, advancing the application of statistical science and practice and data management techniques in science, health care and education. Since 1975, we have been providing accurate and cost-effective data management, statistical, and other support services to research networks, pharmaceutical companies, and investigators in clinical trials to support studies across the globe.
Location: This position will be based out of our Amherst, NY office, but consideration will be made for a full time remote employee.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, from concept and design to testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Collaborate with team members and others to define and develop software solutions that meet business requirements
- Write efficient and maintainable code while adhering to coding standards and best practices
- Debug and resolve software defects and issues as they arise
- Maintain and enhance existing software applications to ensure continued reliability and performance.
Reports to: Software Engineering Manager, Senior Software Engineering Manager, or Director of Software Engineering.
Controls over position:
Work will be assigned and overseen by the Director of Software Engineering, as well as other Managers within the Software Engineering group at Frontier Science.
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of programming experience (preferably web-related) in an academic or professional setting
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, web development technologies, and relational databases
- Experience with JQuery, Dojo Toolkit, React, and/or Bootstrap is preferred
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
Contingent on a candidate’s education, experience and knowledge, they may be offered the position of Software Engineer or Software Engineer II. The salary ranges for these respective positions are as follows:
- Software Engineer: $50,000 - $60,000
- Software Engineer II: $61,000 - $75,000
With full time employment at Frontier Science, employees are eligible for medical and dental insurance, a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy, short term and long term disability, life insurance, participation in a retirement plan, as well as fitness club reimbursement, computer loan assistance, and tuition reimbursement.
A cover letter must be submitted to be considered for this position.
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.