Software Engineering Support
Description The Software Engineering Support position is responsible for assisting software engineers in implementing and maintaining information systems for Frontier Science Foundation.
Location: Amherst, NY
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in software development lifecycle tasks such as (but not limited to):
- Write software requirement specification documents
- Assist in developing testing strategies and translating requirements into testing scenarios
- Write and execute test cases
- Assist with software administration and configuration
- Monitor software application logs
- Execute programs and scripts
- Develop, update, and maintain scripts and reports
- Perform administrative tasks
- Assist with reviewing validation SOPs and training staff regarding the validation process
- Adhere to established standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Adhere to project plans and schedules
- Provide regular status updates to supervisor
- Other related duties as assigned.
Reports to: Software Engineering Support Manager
Controls over position:
Work is based on application development schedules and validation needs.
- A good understanding of software development and database concepts and processes
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask and balance daily activities with deadlines
- Competence in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Visio
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience).
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.