Location: This position will be assigned to the Amherst, NY office but consideration will be made for a full time remote employee.
Description: Frontier Science is seeking an IT/IS professional who has a passion for helping others and an enthusiasm for learning. This position will serve as a member of the IT team, working closely with the other team members, the IT compliance team, and developers/DBAs on the delivery of IT services to company employees.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the installation, configuration, testing, and maintenance of operating systems, core IT applications, and systems management tools
- Assist with the installation, configuration, and support of servers, server virtualization, and clustering platforms (VMware, Hyper-V, Windows clusters) and storage systems (Storage Area Networks, Network Attached Storage) at the Data Center and remote offices
- Work with the senior systems engineers on the implementation of security, backup, update, monitoring, and redundancy strategies for compute and storage systems
- Participate in the asset tracking activities related to the entire life cycle of compute and storage systems
- Assist with the management of the availability, capacity, and performance monitoring solutions for all core IT infrastructure (servers, storage systems, network, and data center equipment)
- Develop and maintain automation tasks to increase efficiency and lower the human intervention time on systems administration activities
- Collaborate with the senior systems engineers on the management of the vulnerability management program and risk mitigation activities (security monitoring, updates, endpoint detection, and response solutions)
The responsibilities listed above are not a comprehensive list, and the employee may be asked to perform other professional tasks with reasonable consideration as necessitated by business demands.
Reports to: IT Director
Controls over position: None
- Associates Degree or higher
- 3+ years of IT-related experience
- Continuous education and training in the IT field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Servers Operating Systems and Windows networking infrastructure services (DNS, DHCP)
- Knowledge of Active Directory Services (AD Users and Computers, AD Sites and Services, Group Policies)
- Familiarity with Linux/UNIX
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V), Windows Clustering, storage systems, data center operations
- Familiarity with automation and scripting tools (SCCM or equivalent, PowerShell, VBscript)
- Ability to work well independently and coordinate the activities of other systems engineers, consultants and vendors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Driver’s license is required.
- Proven experience working with end-user and/or core IT infrastructure systems in large, distributed corporate environments
- Some experience of Linux Operating Systems, virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V), Windows Clustering, storage systems, data center operations
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure technologies and services (GCP, AWS)
- Familiarity with cybersecurity and compliance frameworks like NIST, PCI, SOC II
- Experience with project/service management activities
Physical Conditions: This is a stationary position that will require the employee to operate office equipment including a computer, fax machine, and printer. Employee may also need to lift or carry up to 50 lbs.
Travel: This position will be based in the Amherst, New York office. This role may on occasion be asked to travel to the organization’s other office locations in Boston, Massachusetts and Madison, Wisconsin.
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.