Technical Documentation Specialist
Internal Title: Software Documentation & Validation Coordinator
External Title: Technical Documentation Specialist
Description: We are seeking an individual to assist the Software Engineering Division in writing and maintaining technical documentation throughout the software development lifecycle.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Create (from template) and maintain technical documentation
- Collaborate with staff across the office to coordinate timely completion, review, approval, and sign-off of technical documentation
- Assist in the management and tracking of software development processes related to technical documentation
- Attend regular meetings and report progress and impediments
- Display consistent ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and manage time effectively
- Other technical documentation-related duties as assigned.
The responsibilities listed above are not a comprehensive list, and the employee may be asked to perform other professional tasks with reasonable consideration as necessitated by business demands.
Reports to: Director of Software Engineering
Controls over position: Work will be assigned and overseen by the Director of Software Engineering, as well as other Managers within the Software Engineering group at Frontier Science.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Information Systems preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Advanced documentation layout and formatting skills
- Ability to proofread, edit, and maintain revisions of relevant documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate, work, and communicate effectively with various staff types across the office
- Basic understanding of software development lifecycle processes is a plus.
Physical Conditions: This is a stationary position that will require the employee to operate office equipment including a computer, fax machine, and printer.
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.