Frontier Science, in Amherst, NY, is seeking a Technical Writer for its work in the medical clinical trials industry.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Create and revise documentation related to clinical trials including protocols, user manuals, reference guides, newsletters, etc.
- Create and revise documentation related to procedures including SOPs, work instructions, etc.
- Create training materials for external collaborators in healthcare centers globally
- Gathering user requirements for software applications and writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) documents
- Assist in writing end user test cases for software applications
- Prepare meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and various task lists
- Maintain the project specific area of the content management system.
- BA or BS degree
- Strong writing skills - the ability to produce technical documentation using proper English and grammar
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite – especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and excellent overall technical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, positive and professional demeanor
- The ability to facilitate discussion and gather information for the development of documentation
- Ability to build effective relationships and work with people from diverse backgrounds, work independently, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, perform job duties with minimal guidance, and meet deadlines
- On-the-Job Learning.
Highly desirable but not required:
- Knowledge of clinical research trials
- Front end web design and development is a plus
- An understanding of software validation lifecycle processes
- Background in structured editing (e.g. Adobe FrameMaker, DITA XML, DocBook)
- Experience with graphic design tools (e.g. Adobe InDesign or Illustrator).
May require domestic and/or international travel.
This position is located in our Amherst, NY office and cannot be done remotely.
Email resume to email@example.com and include TW20190123 in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.