Description: The Comptroller manages the daily activities of the accounting department and prepares information for financial statements and reporting. The Comptroller ensures financial policies and procedures are followed and updated as needed.
Location: Brookline, Massachusetts
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Monitors internal controls and recommends updates as needed
- Reviews general ledger and adjusting journal entries
- Performs month end close procedures
- Monitors accounts payable and accounts receivable activity
- Remains up to date with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and best practices
- Manages preparation and documentation for annual financial audit
- Assists with preparation of financial statements and tax returns
- Assists with creating and maintaining financial policies and procedures
- Performs routine accounting tasks as needed.
The responsibilities listed above are not a comprehensive list, and the employee may be asked to perform other professional tasks with reasonable consideration as necessitated by business demands.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Controls over position:
The Comptroller will be assigned projects by the CFO, as well as other organization leadership members and executives, for accounting related matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field
- At least four years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of Federal grant funding policies and procedures
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and resources
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and present data
Travel: This position will be based in the Brookline, Massachusetts office. This role may on occasion be asked to travel to the organization’s other office locations in Amherst, New York and Madison, Wisconsin.
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.