Financial Compliance Specialist
Location: Boston, MA
The Financial Compliance Specialist is responsible for overseeing and maintaining regulatory financial compliance for Frontier Science. Given the nature of the work that Frontier Science completes, this position will be intricately involved in the accounting practices and procedures for the organization.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor the financial business activities of the organization for local/state/federal compliance
- Monitor local/state/federal regulations for changes or updates
- Maintain corporate accounting policies and procedures to maintain organizational compliance
- Assist with the annual financial and compliance audit
- Assists with maintaining financial records for the organization in compliance with governing regulations
- Communicate financial regulations to company leadership in an appropriate manner and develop plans to alter corporate policies and procedures as needed.
The responsibilities listed above are not a comprehensive list, and the employee may be asked to perform other professional tasks with reasonable consideration as necessitated by business demands.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Controls over position:
Work will be assigned to the Financial Compliance Specialist by the CFO. This position will perform some back up duties for the organizations CFO as appropriate while adhering to necessary segregation of duties. In addition, this position may support other leadership groups with accounting compliance function with respect to direction from the CFO.
- BA in Accounting, or other related field of study
- At least 5 years of experience in public accounting
- Prior experience working with federal grants and not-for-profit organizations, specifically 501(c)(3)
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, Uniform Guidance and NIH Grant Policy
- Prior experience in documenting corporate accounting procedures and policies, including professional oversight of accounting controls
- Familiarity with IRS Form 990 and MA Form PC
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Travel: This position will be based out of the Boston, Massachusetts office. In addition, the employee may be requested to travel to the organization's other office locations based in Amherst, New York and Madison, Wisconsin.
A cover letter must be submitted to be considered for this position. Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.