Biostatistical Research Associate
Description: Frontier Science is looking for a Biostatistical Research Associate to join their statistical team. Frontier Science participates in research studies in a number of areas, including tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS in adult and pediatric populations, cancer, and many others. The organization receives funding from grants and contracts from major funding agencies and pharmaceutical companies. The highly knowledgeable staff serve as co-investigators and key personnel on these studies.
The role of the Research Associate is to assume the statistical lead, with mentorship from senior statistical staff, on proposals, protocols and study teams within a wide range of collaborative research studies, including clinical trials, varying from small phase 1 to large phase 3 studies across many different study designs and disease areas.
Although the Research Associate may work in more than one disease area, we are particularly interested in a candidate interested in participating in studies from our TB portfolio, which spans TB treatment, prevention, and diagnostic studies.
Location: This role will be assigned to the office based in Madison, WI or the office based in Boston, MA, but consideration will be made for a fully remote candidate.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Contributing to overall study design and writing the statistical sections of proposals/protocols
- Preparing statistical analysis plans with mentorship from senior statistical staff
- Preparing data monitoring plans
- Creating programming specifications and mock Tables, Figures, and Listings
- Producing statistical programs and data analyses
- Leading the production of interim and final statistical analysis reports
- Participating in the authoring of abstracts, posters, presentations, and manuscripts for peer review publications
- In collaboration with senior statistical staff, leading development of manuscripts from self-initiated analyses using existing databases, design papers, self-initiated methodologic papers, etc.
- Serving as the lead independent statistician, in collaboration with senior IDMC team members, in support of IDMCs to create, test, and document programs used for analyses; and in this capacity, work to maximize the clarity and completeness of the presentation of study results
- Attending professional meetings and short courses to expand or maintain professional knowledge and expertise, and participating in informal seminars and training sessions within the organization; may submit abstracts as lead or collaborate as co-author for oral or poster presentations
- Participating in calls with study team members
- Presenting study results in various meetings.
Reports to: Office Director
- Doctoral-level degree in biostatistics, statistics or closely related field
- Experience with major statistical computing packages, such as SAS and R
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including scientific writing.
- Familiarity with clinical trials, from either professional experience or coursework from higher level education.
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.