Research Project Manager
Frontier Science is a non-profit organization with proven expertise in a comprehensive range of clinical research services including data management, study design, analysis and reporting of clinical trials and observational studies, technical and website support, and staff training. With offices in Amherst, NY, Boston, MA, and Madison, WI, we offer a wide range of opportunities and career paths for those in the field of clinical research. For information on our robust benefits package, please visit our organizational website at: https://frontierscience.org/careers/
Location: Madison, WI
Description: The Project Manager is responsible for study management including planning, implementation, and execution of contracted activities with industry and government-funded studies. This position supports all members of the team for statistical and scientific projects at Frontier Science Foundation (FS). The Project Manager is functionally responsible for keeping track of project commitments, new work requests, timelines and deliverables; serves as point of contact for the sponsor, and works with the Project PI/Director in setting priorities.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Proactively manage multiple ongoing projects across FS; responsible for building and maintaining positive FS and external collaborator relationships
- Review and identify project study requests and proactively respond to collaborators and respective team members
- Responsible for developing and keeping a detailed project plan updated that continuously tracks requests, deliverables, priorities and barriers. This plan will be used to provide real-time updates and be used as a main communication tool amongst project staff.
- Provide efficient updates on project progress to the Project Director and/or Project PI; recognize potential obstacles in successful project completion; develop innovative solutions to challenges
- Maintain Trial Master File (TMF)/Study Master File (SMF)
- Identify, define, and document training requirements in LMS systems and ensure project level compliance with study specific training requirements and SOPs
- Interact with all levels of staff to coordinate and execute study activities
- Manage multiple priorities within a variety of studies
- Schedule, lead/participate in conference calls and meetings as needed; prepare agendas and minutes, track meeting action items and follow up on items until completed or resolved
- Ensure process documentation and compliance with Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and procedures
- Provide other project support, as required
Reports to: Office Director
Controls over position:
Work is assigned based on project needs.
- A Bachelor’s degree + 3 years experience/Master’s degree + 1 year experience or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite and excellent overall technical skills
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Knowledge of database concepts and formats
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of clinical trials/research studies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, excellent time management skills and ability to quickly pivot between tasks
- Willingness to work to task, which may include checking in on evenings and weekends to ensure effective communication and management
Experience working in clinical trials or related research experience is strongly preferred.
This position will be based out of Madison, WI, but consideration will be made for a full time remote worker.
A cover letter must be submitted to be considered for this position.
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.