Revised: February 14, 2021
1. Types of Information that We Collect
Unless you click the opt-out box below, we will store non-personally identifiable information that tracks your usage of our Website (“Non-PII”). Your Non-PII may include the following:
- data that identifies the parts of our Website you visit;
- the date and duration of your visit;
- your fully anonymized IP address; and
- information from your device, such as the device type, operating system, screen resolution, language, country in which you are located and web browser type.
2. Our Purposes for Collecting Information
We may collect and use your Non-PII to:
- collect statistics related to your usage of our Website;
- recognize and stop any misuse of our Website;
- provide security for our Website;
- control transactions (such as login processes and web sessions) for our Website; and
- control and improve the performance and ease-of-use of our Website.
3. Analytics Tracking System
For Website analytics, we use Matomo Analytics™, a software program installed on our webserver. Matomo Analytics™ software is the only Website analytics system we use to track your Non-PII. We do not use Google Analytics™. We are the only entity that processes and controls your Non-PII.
You can control whether or not we track your Non-PII. The check-marked box below provides the current tracking status, indicating whether you are opted-out or opted-in to Non-PII tracking. To change the status, please check or uncheck the box, as applicable. If you do opt-out, please keep in mind this may hamper our ability to improve the security and performance of our Website for you and others.
4.1 Essential Cookies
A cookie is a small data file or information (“Cookie”) that our Website stores on the browser of your device, such as your computer or smartphone. Your browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari, stores Cookies in the memory of your device. You can learn more information about Cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
|Cookie||Cookie Category||Retention Period||Purpose|
|MATOMO_SESSID||Essential||None||A temporary security token used to prevent the user’s opt-out setting from being changed without the user’s consent. This cookie is only created when users change their opt-out setting and is deleted once the change is complete.|
|mtm_consent_removed||Essential||30 years||Stores that the user has opted out of analytic tracking|
|BIGipServerfrontierscience.org.app~<domain name>_pool||Essential||Session||Used to help manage connections to web services hosted by Frontier Science|
4.2 Disabling and Deleting Essential Cookies
We use Essential Cookies by default. In your browser settings, you can disable, limit and delete Essential Cookies. For example, you can set your browser to automatically or manually delete Essential Cookies. You can also set your browser to prevent certain Essential Cookies from being placed. Furthermore, you can set your browser so that you receive a message each time an Essential Cookie is placed. For more information about these options, see the instructions in the help section of your browser.
Please keep in mind, however, that our Website may no longer work properly if you disable, limit or delete Essential Cookies.
5. Contact for More Information
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us.
© Frontier Science & Technology Research Foundation, Inc.