2018 DFCI/FSTRF Marvin Zelen Memorial Symposium
Announcing the 2018 DFCI/FSTRF Marvin Zelen Memorial Symposium, to be held on Friday April 6, 2018 from 1:00-6:00pm at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
The topic this year is Data Science in Biomedical Research.
Speakers for this year include:
- Barbara Englehardt, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Princeton University
- Jeffrey Leek, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Biostatistics, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Steve Goodman, M.D., MHS, Ph.D., Professor of Medicine and of Health Research and Policy, Stanford University
- JJ Allaire, Founder and CEO of RStudio
- Fernanda Viegas, Co-leader, Google’s “Big Picture” Data Visualization Group
- Jayashree Kalpathy-Cramer, Associate Professor of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital
The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute/Frontier Science Technology and Research Foundation Annual Lecture was renamed the Marvin Zelen Memorial Symposium in 2016, in honor of Dr. Zelen’s contributions to science and cancer research. Marvin Zelen was known as a giant in the field of biostatistics, as well as a man of vision, generosity, and warmth who served as a mentor to two generations of researchers.